Health officials warn of Hantavirus

Health officials warn of Hantavirus

Posted:

RIVERSIDE, CA- Wild mice that can cause the deadly hantavirus have been discovered in Riverside County, California.

That's prompting Imperial County health officials to remind people to wear plastic gloves in enclosed areas and to spray diluted bleach where rodent droppings are present to prevent contracting the hantavirus.

Droppings that have been stirred up into the air and breathed in pose the biggest threat.

Symptoms include fever, headache, muscle ache, difficulty in breathing and in some cases death.

  • Email Alert Sign Up

    Sign up here to receive breaking news stories from KSWT.com and morning updates to your email inbox.

    * denotes required fields


    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.

KSWT-TV Affiliates

Go to KSWT-TV's Facebook page