KSWT/ CBS Affiliate, a television station serving the Yuma,
AZ / El
Centro, CA market. We
are looking for an experienced General Manager who will develop the Station's
full potential for audience viewership, revenue, and profits consistent with
planning objectives and with company policies and federal and state
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and manage all aspects of the
Station's operations to achieve prominent market share and profitability
goals by leading a team of News, Sales, Promotions, Engineering, Finance,
HR and Community Relations professionals.
- Manage the development and
implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans; direct sales
forecasting activities and revenue-generating goals to meet specific
Station goals and profitability
- Manage and oversee the journalistic
integrity of News content and the Station's broadcast products.
- Formulate budgets, expenditures,
marketing programs and appropriations for total station operations.
- Manage market analysis and development
to identify new Sales revenue and News content opportunities to meet the
Station's planned objectives for growth and financial success.
- Lead the management and development of a
competent staff that encourages both team and individual capabilities
while promoting an environment that supports the management philosophy and
procedures of the organization.
- Coaching and mentoring of managers to
identify strengths or needed improvements. Manage the annual performance
evaluation process for station employees, budget preparations and presentation
of such plans to Corporate Management of the Station's ownership group.
Maintain existing relationships and build new relationships with community
leaders and organizations in Yuma/ El Centro and extended viewing areas.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to take drug test and
submit to a background investigation including a credit check
- Must have unrestricted work
authorization to work in the United States
- Must be available to work all shifts,
including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news
- Must be willing to travel as needed,
sometimes on short notice.
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel
requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a
24/7 production work environment.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Bilingual - Spanish/English, helpful
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a
senior television broadcast-management capacity
- Must be willing to relocate.
- Thorough understanding of the television
industry including News and Sales operations.
- Excellent analytical skills to review
market demographics, forecast future trends and develop such information
into strategies for station growth.
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse
- Knowledge of emerging technologies as
they apply to broadcasting and news content and desire to deliver news
programming as it develops on current and future platforms.
- Consistent exercise of independent
judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Complies with and maintains company
confidentiality practices and policies.
- Interacts professionally with all
company employees and outside persons.
- Able to sit for long periods of time,
use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Email resume and cover letter with salary history
and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org