2-year old girl dies after eating chili powder, mother arrested

California

2-year old girl dies after eating chili powder, mother arrested

Posted: Updated:

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (AP) - A Southern California woman has been arrested in connection with the death of a 2-year-old girl who died from complications after eating chili powder.

The San Bernardino Sun reports (http://bit.ly/13cHfeo ) 21-year-old Amanda Sorensen was arrested Monday after an initial investigation of the girl's death.

San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies went to an Apple Valley home Sunday and found the child suffering from a seizure after ingesting the kitchen spice. She was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.

Spokeswoman Jodi Miller says the girl is the daughter of Sorenson's boyfriend.

An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death.

Sorensen is being held on $500,000 bail and is due in court Jan. 9.

 

Information from: The Sun, http://www.sbsun.com

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Email Alert Sign Up

    Sign up here to receive breaking news stories from KSWT.com and morning updates to your email inbox.

    * denotes required fields


    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.

KSWT-TV Affiliates

Go to KSWT-TV's Facebook page

KSWT Facebook Feeds