KSWT-TV, Yuma, AZ
Serving Yuma, AZ and El Centro, CA
MMJ Reporter / Anchor
KSWT News "13 On Your Side" is looking for a full-time MMJ Reporter / Anchor who has a strong passion for news and is an outstanding communicator. We are looking for someone who can develop stories, shoots, writes, edits, and presents information live or on tape. On top of those things, you must be a storyteller who owns strong writing skills and possess a large amount of integrity in reporting compelling human interest stories. In addition, this position requires daily stories to be submitted to the website and other social media.
• Must be a "news junkie"
• Generate story ideas, cultivate news sources and remain knowledgeable on events and people in the news
• Develop, shoot, write & edit daily news stories and present information live from the set, live remotes or live indoor locations
• Utilize equipment such as telephones (including landlines, cell phones, PDAs, etc.), laptops (Skype) to cover/report stories
• Maintain contact within community to report on new or continuing events
• Provide daily story notes outlining ideas for future stories
• Share information and facts concerning ongoing projects, upcoming events, meetings or story developments
• Serve as community ambassador for the news department, respond to concerns of viewers, make personal appearances on behalf of the station and attend station sponsored promotion events
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and understanding of ethical issues impacting journalism
• Must be willing to be flexible with change and have a positive attitude when change occurs
• Ability to shoot, edit video and write words and pictures into informative and compelling news stories that will help appeal to viewers and improve ratings
• Ability to perform quality work in high pressure deadline situations
•Ability to perform live shots, often adlibbed in a professional manner
• Must possess a valid driver's License
1301 So. 3rd Ave.
Yuma, AZ 85364
Posted: Open until filled
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer This Employer does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, handicap, national origin, marital or veteran's status.