SOURCE The Alleghenies
ALTOONA, Pa., Sept. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Alleghenies offers rich history and heritage, arts and culture and an abundance of outdoor activities- a bit of everything for an unforgettable adventure.
1. Shaver's Creek Environmental Center Fall Festival (October 26)- Petersburg, PA
Celebrate autumn with great music, storytelling, entertaining nature activities, delicious food and the popular Children's Halloween Trail.
2. 30th Annual Ghosts & Goblins Tours at Lincoln Caverns (October 4-26)- Huntingdon, PA
"Pennsylvania's most unique haunted house and trail" provides scares, laughs, and even some cave education to thousands of visitors.
3. 17th Annual Holiday Lights on the Lake (November 22 -January 5)- Altoona, PA
Visitors drive through fifty-one acres of light and animation displays at historic Lakemont Park while listening to holiday music.
4. 8th Annual Dickens of a Christmas (December 6-8)- Ebensburg, PA
Based on Charles Dickens', A Christmas Carol- vendors hawk Christmas wares, wassailing in quaint neighborhoods, antique shopping, a strings concert, and ice carving.
5. Murder Mystery at Rockwood Mill Opera House (October 26)- Somerset, PA
Guests will be mystified with suspense as their inner "sleuth" attempts to solve the mystery- a night of whodunit!
6. Bedford Fall Foliage Festival (October 5-6&12-13)- Bedford, PA
Celebrate the 49th year of the Festival and discover what brings an estimated 70,000 visitors to Bedford each year.
7. Juniata River Valley Festival of Ice (December 5-6)- Lewistown, PA
2013 will not disappoint as professional ice carvers turn blocks of ice into works of art, live music entertains and festival-goers ride horse drawn carriages.
8. First Night State College (December 31-January 1)- State College, PA
This family-friendly event takes over the streets of State College and is known for its ice sculpture displays and performances in local churches and public buildings.
9. Polar Bear Express at Rockhill Trolley (Nov 29-30&Dec 6-7 13-14)- Rockhill Furnace, PA
Experience a magical ride through decorated Christmas wonderlands and holiday fun on the historic trolleys.
10. Historic Mishler Theatre Concert (December 7)- Altoona, PA
Altoona Symphony Orchestra presents Home for the Holidays, a special evening set to fill your heart with warmth and cheer.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.