Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
NEW YORK, Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of Global Automation and Control Systems (ACS) Market in the Upstream Oil and Gas (O&G) Industry
Decline in "Easy Oil" Production Drives Growth in Smart Oil Field Solutions
Key Drivers and Restraints
• Rapid depletion rates in existing fields, steep onshore unconventional production, onset of offshore subsea production, high service requirement to minimize operation downtime, and the increase in the number of diverse assets are some of the decisive factors that are driving end users to adopt ACS for upstream oil and gas E&P.
• Shortfall of industry standards, regulations mandating permits for operations, and the conservative nature of the industry are key headwinds that could potentially hamper growth in the ACS market.
• The ACS market in the upstream oil and gas industry generated $xx million in revenue in 2013 and is expected to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of xx% from 2013 to 2020.
Upstream Segment Breakdown
• ACS are expected to witness higher adoption for offshore production when compared to onshore production owing to abundant reserves, new subsea technologies at the surface bed, and a balance between greenfield and brownfield projects.
• The pressing need for highly reliable integrated solutions with advanced safety will push solution providers to improve their product portfolio in this space.
Product Type Breakdown
•Automation control products will witness relatively slower growth when compared to manufacturing software and communication systems as end users look to optimize productivity, streamline operations, and seamlessly connect a diverse set of assets.
•Communication systems are expected to witness high double-digit growth (xx%) from 2013 to 2020 as the concept of digital oilfields or intelligent fields continues to gain wide-scale acceptance.
•Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of World (ROW) are expected to see higher growth during the forecast period resulting from high offshore investments for greenfield projects, followed by North America (NA), which is expected to witness relatively stable growth resulting from high unconventional oil and gas production.
•Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) is expected to grow much slower during the forecast period as stringent permit regulations in this region dampen the ACS's penetration potential.
•However, parts of Europe, such as the United Kingdom and Norway, show strong CAPEX growth as investments continue to happen in subsea-related activities.
The need for subsea integrated power and automation solutions has created a barrier for entry for traditional control systems provided by key automation vendors.
Offshore production is witnessing steeper growth when compared to onshore production due to abundant reserves and a push towards deeper waters.
End users in the upstream oil and gas industry are looking for integrated software tools to improve production and yield at exploration sites.
Remote asset management and predictive maintenance strategies require the adoption of smart oil field solution implementation.
Brazil, West Africa, and APAC regions will witness the highest growth owing to cost competitiveness, high energy demands, and abundant offshore reserves.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist, or will they get acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Total Automation and Control Systems Market in the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry
External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
Forecasts and Trends
Market Share and Competitive Analysis
Competitive Advantage and Market Positioning (CAMP) Analysis
Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
Onshore Segment Breakdown
Offshore Segment Breakdown
Product Type Breakdown
Automation Control Products
Manufacturing Software Systems
Geographic Region Breakdown
North American Breakdown
Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Breakdown
Asia-Pacific (APAC) Breakdown
Rest of World (ROW) Breakdown
The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of Global Automation and Control Systems (ACS) Market in the Upstream Oil and Gas (O&G) Industry
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.