Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
LONDON, Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Growth in Inspection Segment will Boost Software Sales
This study analyzes the current and future trends in the global surface mount technology (SMT) equipment software market. A decline in demand for manufacturing products from various high volume end-user industries urged manufacturers to focus on lean manufacturing, thereby eliminating non-value-adding operations, redefining processes, and optimizing process flow on the shop floor. Also included are product, technology, and regional market analyses, along with a competitive analysis. This research service provides the necessary business intelligence to accelerate growth in a fast-paced market. The base year is 2012 and the forecast period is 2013-2019.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the SMT equipment software market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Is this an industry or a market? Will the companies involved continue to exist, or will other companies acquire them? Will the products become features in other markets?
- Which are the high-growth segments, and how is the market segmented by applications?
- Does the software offered today meeting customers' needs, or is additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to venture alone, or do they need partnerships to take their businesses to the next level?
- The surface mount technology (SMT) equipment software market is growing within the SMT industry. A decline in demand for manufacturing products from various high volume end-user industries urged manufacturers to focus on lean manufacturing, thereby eliminating non-value-adding operations, redefining processes, and optimizing process flow on the shop floor.
- Within the market, the integration software segment ranks high with an increasing number of independent software providers offering manufacturing solutions to top-tier original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and electronic manufacturing service (EMS) providers.
- The SMT inspection equipment software segment will prove to be the highest growing segment of the total SMT equipment software market. The projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is xx% between 2012 and 2019.
- Factory automation software and manufacturing equipment software (MES) continue to grow in acceptance.
- A major trend emerged with the switch from wave software to reflow ovens. Since using minimal amounts of lead in electronics manufacturing took hold, reflow ovens are replacing wave soldering.
- Reflow ovens overtake wave soldering at a high penetration rate as end users move from traditional wave software to reflow software.
- The installation of selective soldering equipment with advanced software created a growing trend.
- Increased outsourcing within the electronics industry allows the global SMT equipment software market to flourish.
- The SMT equipment software market will see maximum demand from the consumer electronics segment.
- The market is increasingly competitive and, therefore, more price sensitive.
- Automated optical inspection (AOI) and X-ray software will drive the inspection equipment software market.
- The market will experience increased demand from medical, aerospace and defense, and automotive verticals. The third-party software providers will target companies that purchase advanced software.
Total SMT Equipment Software Market
External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
Forecast and Trends
Market Share and Competitive Analysis
SMT Placement Software Segment Breakdown
SMT Inspection Software Segment Breakdown
Other SMT Software Segment Breakdown
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
Read the full report:
Analysis of Global Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Equipment Software Market
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.