Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA
Unveiled at InfoComm 2014, Massive 4K LED Display Exemplifies LG's Commitment to Commercial Display Leadership
LAS VEGAS, June 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics today introduced its largest digital signage monitor, a new 98-inch class (98.0 inches measured diagonally) Ultra HD commercial-grade display. Available in the United States this fall, model 98LS95A is redefining large-screen digital signage, with next-generation 4K Ultra HD capabilities paving the way.
This massive new display, unveiled here today at InfoComm 2014, exemplifies how LG Electronics is raising the bar for the digital signage industry in 2014 with a focus on higher-resolution, higher-brightness, energy-efficient LED and Ultra HD* technology, according to Clark Brown, digital signage vice president for LG Electronics USA.
"As 4K and LED technologies continue to evolve, customers are increasingly adopting the enhanced technology solutions to take advantage of the better quality and energy savings," said Brown. "With LG, it's all possible. LG innovations like IPS panels and Ultra HD displays are helping our customers enter the new era of advanced digital signage."
LG's 2014 InfoComm booth (#C7725) features interactive demonstrations of key LG advantages including the benefits of IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology and 4K Ultra HD capabilities. IPS panels minimize image distortion at wide angles and provide high picture quality that offers original image color matching. Most importantly, IPS panels create a viewing experience that is watchable at virtually any angle.
Brown said LG is "raising the bar for digital signage in the United States with next-generation displays for outdoor spaces, slim fitting spaces, interactive consumer experiences and more." LG's 2014 digital signage family also supports energy efficiency with EcoSmart™ features.
"Our high-brightness and Ultra HD displays not only adapt to the current commercial signage environment, but also drive innovation," said Brown. "With LG's massive Ultra HD displays, customers are better able to capture the consumer's attention with super high resolution images and life-like viewing experiences."
Commercial Signage Displays for Various Applications
Featured products at InfoComm 2014 include LG Electronics' stunning line-up of Ultra HD monitors, touch-screen monitors, outdoor displays, expansive video walls and pro-grade digital signage – all designed to deliver enhanced picture quality and energy efficiency.
- Ultra HD Signage Displays. LG's new 98-inch class 4K Ultra HD Display (98LS95A) leads the company's 2014 commercial-grade Ultra HD digital signage lineup, which delivers superior 3840 X 2160 resolution in a 16:9 aspect ratio. The display, with a bezel width of just 14.6mm at its thinnest point, may be mounted in portrait or landscape mode for a wide range of commercial applications. Like its big brother, LG's new 84-inch class (84.04 inches measured diagonally) 84WS70MS Ultra HD LED commercial display boasts four times the resolution of Full HD displays. These giant edge-lit LED displays offer an attractive alternative to traditional tiled video walls. For example, the 98-inch class model is equivalent to a 2x2 47-inch class array, while the 84-inch class matches the size and resolution of a four 42-inch class screens. For a glimpse to the future, LG also is demonstrating its 105-inch class "5K" Ultra HD display with a 21:9 aspect ratio. It combines the ultra-wide format and 5120 x 2160 resolution for visually stunning picture clarity that opens up new, creative possibilities for advanced digital signage applications.
- Touch Signage Monitors. LG's multi-touch displays recognize up to 10 simultaneous touches at once, making them an ideal solution for way-finding and other interactive touch applications, such as an educational platform in schools and museums or as a sales tool in retail stores. The 84-inch class (84.04 inches measured diagonally) 84WT70PS, believed to be the world's largest Ultra HD-based touch screen display, boasts a 3840 X 2160 resolution and features LG's IPS panel technology for excellent picture quality and a superb viewing experience. The 84WT70PS includes all of the benefits of UHD technology with the added touch capabilities. At InfoComm 2014, LG also is demonstrating its innovative new 55-inch class (54.64 inches measured diagonally) Full HD "Mirror" Multi-Touch Display (55WT30). The display functions both as a mirror and a high-quality touch-screen display for a unique approach to interactive in-store applications.
- Outdoor Signage Monitors. Even in direct sunlight, LG's outdoor signage monitors are virtually free of blackening defects, thanks to IPS technology. LG's outdoor displays feature high brightness levels that can be viewed in either landscape or portrait mode. Unlike conventional panels, LG's 47- and 55-inch class (46.9 and 54.6 inches diagonal, respectively) models feature "shine-out" capabilities that help reflect away the sun for great image visibility and a clearer display, even in direct sunlight. For optimal ventilation and easy installation, models 47WX50MF and 55WX30MW include an open metal frame type with built-in fans.
- Digital Signage Video Walls. LG's 55-inch class (54.6-inch diagonal) video wall displays have the world's slimmest bezel-to-bezel size for virtually seamless video walls. The models, 55LV75A and 55LV77A can be arranged in a variety of configurations up to a 15x15 matrix with 225 total displays, offering an immersive visual experience. The super narrow bezel-to-bezel thickness of 3.5 mm allows for each display to be connected seamlessly with other displays to create a powerful and impactful video wall that can be easily installed, maintained and managed. Each display features direct LED backlighting technology, allowing for crisp, clear content in Full HD 1080p.
- SuperSign TV. SuperSign™ TV is the successor to the popular, award winning EzSign TV, which has delivered an easy-to-use, cost-effective digital signage solution to thousands of businesses. Added features for 2014 include remote management control that allows the user to control up to 50 SuperSign TVs remotely via the network and Urgent Message that allows the user to send real-time messages to the screens.
- All-in-One Computing. Ideal for classroom applications is the new LG Chromebase (22CV241), the world's first All-In-One (AIO) computer powered by the Google Chrome operating system. LG Chromebase uses the speed, simplicity and security of Chrome OS to power an all-in-one device, with a brilliant 21.5-inch widescreen Full HD IPS display, in an innovative space-saving design. The LG Chromebase features 2GB of memory and 16GB of storage. Access to Web apps and Google products complement an integrated technology classroom or business center.
- UltraWide Monitors. LG's 34-inch class 21:9 LED Backlight LCD Monitor with IPS technology, QHD (3440 x 1440) resolution, Thunderbolt™ 2 interface, 4-screen split and built-in speakers also are featured at InfoComm 2014. The LG 34UM94 monitor makes multi-tasking super easy with its UltraWide screen which allows customers to divide the full HD 1080P resolution screen into four customizable segments making it simple to have the information you need right in front of you.
Enabling Technologies Highlighted at InfoComm
New LG technologies being demonstrated for the first time at InfoComm 2014 are designed to enable customized software solutions, save energy and boost performance.
- M+ Display Technology. New LG display technology called M+ further enhances performance and reduces energy consumption for transparent and outdoor displays. This new technology adds a white pixel to the traditional red, green and blue pixels, which increases the transparency of the displays. M+ is the next generation of transparent technology that will decrease the backlight and cut energy use.
- webOS Signage Solutions. Bringing an all-in-one hardware and software platform to LG digital signage, webOS represents a simplified solution for software partners. LG's webOS software development kit will enable integrators to develop their own ideal customizable signage solutions. The flexible webOS architecture enables easy-to-build Web-based apps across multiple platforms, including Android, iOS and Windows. In addition, the middleware layer above webOS allows system integrators to write HTML5 programs for their customized solutions.
EcoSmart Features, Flexible Options
LG Full HD LED signage displays are ENERGY STAR® certified and incorporate LG's EcoSmart features, which allows for multiple manual and automatic options for energy conservation, providing an ideal solution for corporate and lodging environments looking to save on energy costs. EcoSmart includes the following energy saving features:
- Dynamic Power Savings, which reduces power consumption and optimizes picture settings,
- Static Power Savings, which allows the installer to set the preferred power consumption level, and
- Intelligent Sensor, which allows integrators to program the display to respond to the ambient light in the room and automatically reduce brightness and energy output under most circumstances
About LG Electronics USA
The LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business division serves customers in the U.S. digital signage, systems integration, lodging and hospitality, healthcare, education, government and industrial markets. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill., with its dedicated engineering and customer support team, LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business delivers business-to-business technology solutions tailored to the particular needs of business environments. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $52 billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. For more information, please visit www.LGSolutions.com.
* UHD broadcast standards still being developed.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140618/119257
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110203/CG42292LOGO-d
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.